19 March 2013

4 weeks to go... NYC to SGP

My hope for this blog is that it will be poetry. Inspired by astute observation and honest reflection it will be our underground parlor to share our thoughts about transitioning from New York City to Singapore.

To provide context to our readers, my boyfriend and I are uprooting ourselves from New York City after a year and a half in the Big Apple and moving 9,531 miles to Singapore. For me, I will be bidding farewell to wonderful friends in NYC and returning home to a different city than the Singapore I left 4 years ago.

Perhaps it is I who has changed just a little bit too. For him, it will be a first foray into Asia.

I am excited to introduce my corner of the world to the "ang moh" traveling to the Far East and will be the best guide ever as I introduce him to the wonders of Singapore and Asia - the tastes, the smells, the traditions and the Asian psyche. It will be an adventure for us and we look forward to sharing our journey with you.

Singlish Glossary:

Ang Moh: caucasian; (Hokkien) red hair        


No comments:

Post a Comment